When using this machine, basic safety precautions should always be taken, including the following:
Read all instructions before using.
DANGER - To reduce the risk of electric shock:
1. The machine should never be left unattended while plugged in. Always unplug the machine from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
WARNING - To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to persons:
1. Do not allow this machine to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when the machine is used by or near children.
2. Use this machine only for its intended use as described in this manual. Use only accessories recommended by the manufacturer as contained in this manual.
3. Never operate this machine if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the machine to the nearest authorized retailer or service center for examination, repair, electrical or mechanical adjustment.
4. Never operate the machine with any air openings blocked. Keep ventilation openings of the machine and foot control free from the accumulation of lint, dust, and loose cloth.
5. Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
6. Do not use outdoors.
7. Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
8. To disconnect, turn the main switch to the symbol “ ” position which represents off, then remove plug from outlet.
9. Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
10. Keep fingers away from all moving parts. Special care is required around the machine needle.
11. Always use the proper needle plate. The wrong plate can cause the needle to break.
12. Do not use bent needles.
13. Do not pull or push fabric while stitching. It may deflect the needle causing it to break.
14. Switch the machine to the symbol “ ” position when making any adjustments in the needle area, such as threading needle, changing needle, threading bobbin, or changing presser foot, and the like.
15. Always unplug the machine from the electrical outlet when removing covers, lubricating, or when making any other user servicing adjustments mentioned in the instruction manual.
16. This sewing machine is not intended for use by young children or infirm persons without supervision.
17. Young children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with this machine.
18. If the LED light unit (light-emitting diode) is damaged, it must be replaced by authorized dealer.
19. Hold the foot controller plug when rewinding into cord reel. Do not allow the plug to whip when rewinding.
- Any thread used in bobbin will be viewed in the project.
- Put a spool of thread on top of the machine
- Guide thread around the metal circle
- Secure end of the thread on the empty bobbin
- Put on bobbin holder- switch bobbin to the right
- Press pedal to wind thread onto bobbin- will automatically stop when the bobbin is full.
- Cut thread on thread cutter on the left-hand side of the machine
- Slide plastic over bobbin area off
- Drop bobbin into the circular compartment
- Pull thread under metal lip- follow the arrow
- Put cover back on bobbin area
- Take thread from the big spool on top of the machine
- Follow the numbered arrows
- Guide thread behind the metal lip on the back of the machine
- Bring down thread through the slit in the machine
- Bring thread down and around plastic on front of machine
- Then, bring up the needle by turning the wheel on right side of the machine
- Loop thread through the metal loop
- Bring thread down and thread the needle of the machine- thread it towards the back of the machine
- Turn needle wheel counter-clockwise to bring the needle down towards bobbin
- Turn needle wheel clockwise to bring it back up- it will bring up bobbin thread as well
- Bring thread towards the rear of the machine
- Lift up foot using the lever to the right of the needle
- Place fabric below foot where sewing will begin
- Press down the foot to start to sew