Northstar Digital Literacy
The Arlington Public Library is proud to offer an exciting new opportunity for our community: Northstar Digital Literacy Certificates! With this program, you will be able to earn a certificate recognizing your computer skills. Northstar Digital Literacy is a national program that certifies an adult’s ability to use computers and software. While anyone can try a Northstar assessment on their website, only assessments completed at an official testing location earn certificates.
Here you will:
- Learn Basic Digital Literacy Skills
- Assess Your Digital Literacy Skills
- Earn Your NorthStar Digital Literacy Assessment (NDLA) Certificate
Assess your digital literacy skills during public access computing time by taking a variety of digital NorthStar literacy assessments during scheduled sessions.
- Computer Basics
- Mac OS X
- MS Word
- Social Media
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- Info Literacy
Earn your NorthStar Digital Literacy Assessment Certificate in each of the above skill areas during scheduled proctored sessions.
- Proctored NDLA sessions are offered regularly please check the calendar for upcoming dates.
- Or you can schedule your session in person by emailing LIBLearningDist@arlingtontx.gov.
- Sessions are first-come, first-serve
- A photo ID will be required to logon and to receive the NDLA certificate. A photo ID can include passports, foreign or domestic state-issued ID cards, human services cards, military ID cards, or similar identification.
Logging into your account:
- On the Northstar homepage, click the login button in the upper-right corner
- Enter your email address and password and click Login.
- The site may ask if you are at your learning location or away from your learning location.
If you don’t have an account, or you have questions please fill out the Northstar Digital Literacy Form