Youth Poetry Contest
The Arlington Public Library is hosting a Youth Poetry Contest. This contest is open for 2nd grade through 12th grade. Submissions will be reviewed in grade specific divisions, and prizes will be awarded to division winners. First place winners will receive a special prize.
Submissions will be accepted from April 1 through April 30.
- Poems must be original, written by one poet, and may not be submitted without the poet's knowledge and consent.
- Poets must be in grades 2 through 12.
- Only one entry per poet is permitted.
- All entries must be submitted through the Google Form. We cannot accept paper entries. If the judges cannot read the poet's handwriting, the poem will be disqualified.
- Entries must be no longer than one (1) page.
- Entries must be in .pdf or .doc or .docx format.
- Entries must include at the top of the page: the poet's name and grade/division level.
- All entries must be received by April 30, 2023. No entries will be returned.
- All judging decisions are final.
Winners will be notified by May 5, 2023.
All entries must be submitted online here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeABcqlZRfmCPyLfWIe0GcPyGgUKutSwe0B0q1-RHXZtTcNCQ/viewform
Poetry is an excellent way for young writers to learn to express their thoughts and feelings in a creative way. Participants can learn more about poetry by attending Library Poets. This program will teach young writers about different kinds of poetry and help them create poems of their own. See the calendar for times.
If you have any questions, you can contact us at LIBYouthServices@arlingtontx.gov or (817) 459-6900.