Woodland West Branch Library
Southwest Branch Library
Southeast Branch Library
2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Northeast Branch Library
Lake Arlington Branch Library
East Arlington Branch Library
George W. Hawkes Downtown Library
2 p.m - 6 p.m.
Creadores: Makerspace Classes in Spanish
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
¡Venga y conozca nuestro Makerspace! Spanish-speaking patrons are invited to try the Arlington Public Library’s makerspace in a series of free classes this fall. Each class is presented in Spanish and each month, different machines are featured. Creadores classes are an extension of makerspace events in English, which also continue throughout the season.
This first round of Creadores focuses on sewing and fiber craft machines. Learn to use sewing machines, sergers, and vinyl cutters to make projects like t-shirts, tote bags and decorations. Classes are offered at the following times, with morning and evening options for busy schedules.
- Monday, September 16, 10 a.m. to noon: Sewing Machines
- Tuesday, September 17, 6 to 8 p.m.: Serger Machine
- Friday, September 20, 10 a.m. to noon: Vinyl Cutter
- Monday, October 7, 10 a.m. to noon: Sewing Machines
- Tuesday, October 8, 6 to 8 p.m.: Serger Machine
- Friday, October 11, 10 a.m. to noon: Vinyl Cutter
- Monday, November 11, 10 a.m. to noon: Sewing Machines
- Tuesday, November 12, 6 to 8 p.m.: Serger Machine
- Friday, November 15, 10 a.m. to noon: Vinyl Cutter
Spanish speaking staff will lead these workshops, which are a special introduction to the makerspace. The classes are free but registration is required to attend. Register online by clicking on the links above, or ask library staff for help.
The makerspace is located on the second floor of the George W. Hawkes Downtown Library. Library staff are available for free training and orientation classes, and the makerspace is free to use with a library card. Click here to learn more about the makerspace.