Laptops Available to Take Home at the East Library and Recreation Center
The Arlington Public Library is excited to announce the recent purchase of 200 Chromebooks for the East Library and Recreation Center to help close the digital divide in the City of Arlington. These laptops are available for check out beginning Monday, Sept. 13, 2021, for adult library cardholders. Users can check out and take home a device for 30 days with an adult library card in good standing.
With this new resource, the Library aims to increase access to technology and digital literacy for the Arlington community. The city purchased this new technology with funds from the Texas State Library and Archive Commission Innovation Zone Grant. The Chromebooks offer library cardholders the opportunity to increase their digital access and skills from the comfort of their homes.
The addition of the Chromebooks complements other Innovation Zone features such as:
- Inbuilding laptop check out
- Collaborative spaces inside and outside the Innovation Zone Courtyard, all with enhanced technology capabilities
- Public computing and comfortable spaces to use your technology
- Technology learning experiences for all ages
“We are thrilled to be able to provide this resource to our community,” Library Technology Services Manager Julia Cagle said. “Chromebooks may be a little different than the library computers our patrons are used to using, but I believe once they pick one up, they'll love how user-friendly they are."
The Chromebooks will only be available for checkout in person at the East Library and Recreation Center, located at 1817 New York Ave., Arlington, 76010. Speak to library staff or call us at 817-459-6900 for more information. Learn more about the Chromebooks and Library policy regarding the devices below.
- Only one device can be checked out at a time.
- Devices will not be auto-renewed but can be checked out multiple times depending on availability.
- Patrons can reference our Quick Guide to get basic usage information.
- All items should be returned at the same time. These will be inspected by staff for any damage before removing items from the patron's account.
- Each Chromebook comes with a cover, a carrying case and shoulder strap, and a power cord.
- Laptops and chargers not returned will incur a replacement charge.
- Damaged items are also subject to the replacement cost charges.
- Any equipment returned late will incur a fine of $0.25 per day.
- The laptop dispenser at East is still available for in-house checkout.