Made in a Mug: Pizza
It’s time for Made in a Mug again! Made In A Mug is a series of videos teaching teens how to make mug recipes. Mug recipes are great since they are simple and make just enough for one person. The mug recipe highlighted for October is pizza. Pizza in a mug is easy to customize to your own tastes. For this recipe, we will be using pepperoni, but you are welcome to choose your own toppings. For meat products, we recommend using pre-cooked ingredients versus raw ingredients.
To make pizza in a mug, you will need:
- 4 tablespoons flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon marinara sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (start with 1 tablespoon if you aren’t sure how much you want)
- Pepperoni (regular or mini are both okay)
You’ll also want a microwave-safe mug, an oven mitt or towel, and a whisk, spoon, or fork.
1. Add all dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder) into your mug.
2. Whisk the dry ingredients together.
3. Mix in your milk.
4. Whisk ingredients together until all are combined and the batter is smooth.
5. Pat down your dough so that it is flat.
6. Spoon the marinara sauce over the dough and smooth it out.
7. Add your cheese over the marinara sauce.
8. Place your toppings (in our example, pepperoni) on top of the cheese.
9. Set cooking time to 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, depending on your wattage. When cheese and toppings are bubbling, your pizza is done cooking.
10. Take out the mug with mitts or a towel. The cup will be hot!
And that’s it. Enjoy your pizza in a mug!
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our Made in a Mug: Pumpkin Pie recipe coming out on Friday, November 20th!