In order to better meet the needs of the community, the Arlington Public Library has made updates to the Library Service Policy. Highlights for these changes include:
· The loan period for DVDs, Blu-rays, Playaways, music CDs, and kits has been increased to 21 days to align with the loan period for other physical items.
· The non-resident card options have been condensed into a single $50 full-use card. The $25 limited-use cards will be honored until they expire, but non-residents who wish to renew must do so with the $50 full-use card.
· Items will be billed to a patron’s account when they are 15 days overdue. This allows patrons more than two weeks to return overdue items. Patrons can return their overdue items to have these charges removed.
· The definition of “in good standing” has been clarified for account renewal purposes. In order to renew an account, a patron must carry a $0 account balance and have no overdue items.
· Accounts carrying a balance of $25 or more will be blocked until charges are paid. Patrons with blocked accounts will be unable to make meeting or study room reservations, create hold requests, or check out items.
View the updated policy in full:
· Library Service Policy for Borrowers - https://www.arlingtonlibrary.org/library-policies?qt-guide=0#qt-guide · Fees Schedule - https://www.arlingtonlibrary.org/library-policies?qt-guide=7#qt-guide&n…;
For more information, please contact the Library at 817-459-6900 or fill out a contact form here: https://www.arlingtonlibrary.org/contact